Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2008

webkinz.

There is this new webkinz craze...very popular with the kids {and mom's!} Its similar to the Beanie Baby craze of the 1990's {which I never fully embraced}, but 10 years later...of course technology has found its way into these soft & adorable stuffed animals...hence the name WEBkinz.

I have not jumped on the bandwagon {yet}, so I guess I don't really understand the whole obsession. We are having a Webkinz Extravaganza! at Treasury this weekend, and boy has it caused quite the excitement.

We were expecting another shipment yesterday. Julie & Ian were there in the morning, went to Costco...and came back after Mr. UPS Man made his delivery {she says there were some needed items and they had lunch...I think she was just trying to kill time}.
She wanted THIS one:

Yes Julie, very cute cocker spaniel :)

Also, I feel like I've crossed over to the dark side...meet my new friend Hairy the Hippo:

{I couldn't resist those cute little ears!}
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHA!!! We have sucked you over to the dark side :) Cute hippo! Hey, guess who just made reservations for their hotel because someone is getting married in Leavenworth next month????
~Julie

Anonymous said...

Webkinz are so addicting, but dont feel bad, because I have 38, and I couldnt resist the webkinz blue hippo either!