Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Ruff Day

This dude has had a pretty awesome week (until yesterday).
Cory has been gone fishing in Alaska since Saturday (he's coming home tonight with lots of salmons!), so I took the week off to stay home and have "me time" and get some things crossed off my long list of to do's. Which means that there has always been someone around to play with him and love on him...and to take care of him post-surgery.

It was poor little Tucker's day yesterday...

He's doing alright. I'm happy to report that his tail still works!

When I brought him home from the vet, he was all drugged up and wandered around the house like a zombie for a while, not quite sure what he wanted to do. I think he was too uncomfortable to sit and lay down, and he looked at me like "what happened??" He finally found a good spot to pass out underneath the bed, where he stayed for like 5 hours. I'd check on him every now and then, and he seemed happy just resting somewhere dark.

This morning I got up and went to the store for some wet food & baby asprin...mix some of that with his regular dry krinkies and a splash of water, and he forgot all about what had happened yesterday for the 48 seconds it took him to eat it. As I type this, I just heard a bark at the neighbor dog...yep, he's going to be back to normal in no time.

No comments: