Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

dessert fail!

I've been thinking about this recipe for Cherry Cornmeal Upside Down Cake since the end of last cherry season.
I cleaned and pitted 5 cups of cherries, creamed butter & sugar, whipped and folded egg whites, made a caramel sauce, and baked until golden.... Then my sweet husband tried to assist in the flipping from hot-pan-from-the-oven to plate as you do with upside down cakes...and something went wrong between the pan and the plate, disaster!

I wanted to cry. I'd thought about this recipe for so long, and worked so hard...and it's dripping down my new cabinets and freshly scrubbed floor. Waaaaahh!
Of course Cory grabbed his camera for a snap, and now I wish I would have photographed it better...consider it a preview of the new kitchen debut.

No comments: