Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

happy things

buttermilk.
I've always shied away from recipes that call for the stuff, but I must admit I've discovered a new love. I've made several things with it and plan on several more, and I just have to tell you that Martha's best buttermilk pancakes recipe really do make the best pancakes.

birds.
The quail start calling and the chickadees really start chirping just before dusk, and it puts a smile on my face. We can't seem to keep their feeder full...we keep filling it, and they keep emptying it.

fresh berries.
I bought my first box of strawberries of the season, the yummy juicy flavor isn't quite there yet, but with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of brown sugar I didn't really care.

modern family.
Seriously hilarious show! If you haven't seen it yet, you must tune in.

morning commute.
I've been loving the reflection of the train in the still water of the river when it's sitting on the tracks and the way the light hits Saddle Rock when I cross the bridge. A good way to start my morning. I've been thinking about photographing this, but there are no good/accessible vantage points.

yard work.
We've been making good progress, but it's getting hard for me to find motivation for the hard-work stuff...I just want to plant things and watch them grow (and we are still weeks from that).

This was after 39 wheelbarrows of gravel, and then we got rained out.
It will pay off though, soon enough.
A happy thought....

1 comment:

Tyler and Andrea said...

Do you like pears? I just made some pear muffins with buttermilk and they were a huge hit. If you are interested I will send you the recipe!

Andrea