Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

Today I am the {big} 2-3...I know that is not old by any means, but it does seem like I've entered the next level of maturity. 20/21/22 seems like a party/adventure phase, and 23/24 {rounds to 25...and Lindsay says rounds to 30 - so I might as well just say I'm 30, ha!} ...but it does seem like the next 'level' of life when you start to figure out what I want to do with yourself {I don't think I'll ever know. I came across a quote yesterday... "don't marry the person who you think you can live with; marry the person you think you can't live without" - and I found that person, so I guess I feel like I am starting to figure my life out.

Anyway, about that person...Cory came up to Bellingham yesterday. I had been crafting and cleaning/getting organized all day, and it was my goal to be showered and done with everything I had to do before he got here...that didn't happen! He was patient, and helped vacuum and such. Then we went to HH at Boston's, and since we were next to the mall, we had to go shopping {it's just a thing we do...you can always count on us visiting the mall when he comes - don't buy anything {mmm, wait - yes, I did...a pink shirt with a bird on it for $6.95 to sleep in} but we always go}. We came home and watched Spanglish {I love that movie}, and then brushed our teeth & washed our feet {its relaxing, I don't like getting in bed with dirty/sweaty feet from the day}. This morning I wake up at 7:10, wide awake {of course I can't do that for school} and Cory told me "happy birthday" {such a good way to start the day}...I laid in bed for like 40 minutes trying to catch a few more zzz's, unsuccessfully. I got up and did the dishes, and here I sit with my orange juice.

Ok, so that seems like a really long way of premising that Cory is here, this afternoon Lindsay is coming up, and then Justin & Jesy will be on their way after he gets off work...and I am so excited! My birthday celebration already started in Wenatchee last weekend with Cory & his family, and then dinner with my Grandparent's on Thursday, and whatever events unfold today. I feel so blessed to have such good friends & family. Today is going to be a good day :)

No comments: