Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Bundt - that's a funny word

Last weekend, we went to take a couple Christmas photos for a friend and their almost two month old little boy, Caleb.

On our way home, I asked if we could stop at a thrift store that I always drive by, but have just never been in. The Philadelphia House is a Christian run thrift store in this cute little old yellow house, and 95% of all donations go back to the community. There was sooo much STUFF stuffed into this little house, but we quickly moved through each room, spending a little more time digging through kitchen stuff. I brought home a cute little Nordic Ware Bundt pan in perfect shape for under three bucks. (Score! I've been wanting a bundt pan for a while now.)

Of course I put it to use the next morning...we had Joy the Baker's poppy seed cake (it was muffin-ish enough for breakfast) with just a plain glaze on it. I cut the recipe in half since my pan is only 6" and it baked up perfectly. I think we are going to be good friends, me and my little bundt pan.

No comments: