Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

what a weekend!

Annie and I took a little trip over to Wenatchee for a very nice bridal shower hosted by one of Cory's mom's very best friends this weekend. Everything was so nice, and now I understand why its called a "shower"...I really was showered! {a little overwhelming almost}.

On the drive over, we stopped at Wal-Mart in Tulalip to see if they had some special green polka-dot fabric that I had found in the clearance section in Bellingham, and bough every last yard they had...but I needed more! Lucky for me, they had it, and I cleaned them out too. {stop, successful!} We also saw the Oscar Meyer Weenie Mobile in front of the store, {even more exciting!} We played the little "throw the ball in the bucket" game to win our Weenie Whistles, and the Wiener Mobile attendee guy was flattered when we asked to take our picture with him {highlight of his day, I'm sure...look at his cheesy smile!} We showed Annie around Wenatchee, she totally loved it because it reminded her of Winthrop...but there was actually a city. Cory took us up to Pangborn-Herndon Memorial Park for a view of the valley as the sun was setting, so beautiful.
On Sunday, we went to church and touched base with our pastor, went out to breakfast, shopped a little...then we did some yard work, and played with the new wheelbarrow! {thanks Gary!}Then it was time to head home, and Annie and I had an uneventful drive back over the pass. We are exhausted from being so busy, {and my back can tell that I was pulling weeds yesterday}, but it was all so worth it. We had a great time, and I can't wait for her and Brian to come visit sometime soon {along with other people!}...and thanks to the shower, I now have plenty of things to bake with to entertain our guests! :)

No comments: